The property is located on a peninsula that juts out into the Mediterranean below the town of Taormina. The property was purchased in the thirties by the grandfather of the present owner who also inhabits the property. The house was constructed from 1938 to 1943 in the rationalistic style of architecture. Due to the outbreak of the war it was then abandoned for many years and the property was completely vandalized by the locals. He returned in 1948, reclaimed his property and restored the house and later a second villa on the property which was built around a byzantine chapel that still remains.